Starting in Fall 2020, Morgan State University launches the Baltimore Means Business Program!
The Baltimore Means Business program is a free, online program for entrepreneurs who earn under $100,000 annually. The program is designed to give business owners the tools they need to build capacity, add jobs and have a more positive impact on their communities.
The program gives participants practical business education and a supportive network of advisors & peers. Through the program, participants will receive the tools and support to develop a customized growth plan that details how to take their businesses to the next level.
Classes include topics such as: identifying growth opportunities, accessing government procurement opportunities, building capacity for larger contracts, negotiation, and financial literacy that you can immediately put into action.
Our program is designed by Morgan State University’s Graves School of Business and Will Holmes Consulting and is available at no cost to selected applicants.
The program is designed for small business owners who have a business poised for growth. We look for applicants who are passionate about growing their business and creating jobs in their communities, and generally meet these criteria:
- Owner or co-owner of a business in the DMV
- Business in operation for at least two years
- Business revenues of between $0 and $100,000 in the most recent fiscal year
- Minimum of one employee, can be the owner
Interested? Here are some possible next steps:
- Schedule a call to discuss the program’s benefits
- View the Curriculum and Schedule of Classes
- Apply on the Morgan State University Website