TAKE YOUR BUSINESS TO THE NEXT LEVEL: LEVERAGE THE POWER OF THE BALTIMORE MEANS BUSINESS PROGRAM
Are you a Greater Baltimore/DMV area Entrepreneur looking to accelerate your business growth?
Do you want to network with other passionate entrepreneurs and business leaders to drive your top line business results?
Yes? The Morgan State University Earl Graves School of Business has designed a program for you.
Build your next success with practical business education and a supportive network of advisors & peers. Baltimore Means Business is a program for small business owners that links learning to action. Through the program, you will receive the tools and support to develop a customized growth plan that will take your business to the next level.
You will also gain practical skills in topics such as: identifying growth opportunities; accessing government procurement opportunities; building capacity for larger contracts; negotiation and financial literacy that you can immediately put into action.
Our program is designed by Morgan State University’s Graves School of Business and is available at no cost to selected applicants.
The program is designed for small business owners who have a business poised for growth.
We look for applicants who are passionate about growing their business and creating jobs in their communities, and generally meet these criteria:
- Owner or co-owner of a business in the DMV
- Business in operation for at least two years or a completed business plan
- Business revenues of between $0 and $100,000 in the most recent fiscal year
- Minimum of one employee, can be the owner
- Step One: Review the information on this website. If you have questions, schedule a call to discuss.
- Step Two: Complete the application found here. We recommend reviewing your tax returns from the last 2 years so that you can accurately state your revenue. The next application deadline is approaching!
- Step Three: Our Team will review the applications and choose potential Participants for the January 2021 Cohort. For better in-class discussions, we have created 2 tracks. Track One is for Startups and Track 2 is for Growing Companies. Both tracks will receive the same curriculum, yet tailored to the needs of that group.
- Step Four: Our Team will request documentation from the potential Participants verifying their revenue and business status. This documentation will include recent tax returns, identification, proof of ownership and some financial reporting. Those who submit required documentation will be invited to interview.
- Step Five: Our Team will interview applicants via Zoom. Then, the Team will select up to 30 Participants for the January 2021 Cohort and assign them to Track 1 or 2.
- Step Six: Our Team will notify all applicants by late December 2020. Those chosen will be invited to the January 2021 Cohort. Those not selected will be introduced to local resources partners who can assist in their growth.
You can apply now. Or, choose from the options below: